A couple of weeks ago I gave a webinar on "Knowledge Management; past, present and future" for the KnowTouch series in Germany.
You can find a recording of the Webinar on Youtube, and embedded below.
In the webinar, I cover
- The current situation for KM, namely an ongoing confusion with IM, an ongoing fixation with technology, and a common set of implementation pitfalls;
- Ways in which a common picture of KM is, however, beginning to emerge;
- KM 20 years ago, with the same confusion, fixation and pitfalls;
- A dystopian future view where the topic remains confused and fixated, and KM projects have the same failure mechanisms, and
- A preferred future view, aided by the ISO KM standard (under preparation), where KM is defined as a management discipline in its own right, delivered through a framework of roles, processes, technologies and governance.