Advanced copies of my new book - "Designing an Effective KM Strategy - A Guide for the Professional Knowledge Manager" by Nick Milton and Stephanie Barnes, are now available for pre-order from Information Today; 3 months before the final release date January 2015 and at a 40% price reduction."Undoubtedly one of the best books available for anyone undertaking to do something interesting and useful with knowledge in their organization." —Larry Prusak, KM guru and author
When a firm’s Knowledge Management program isn't aligned with organizational strategy, its success can be no more than a happy accident—if it succeeds at all.
In this practical, step-by-step guide to crafting an effective Knowledge Management strategy, Stephanie Barnes and I prepare Knowledge Management professionals to:
- Connect KM strategy to business strategy
- Identify the business drivers KM will support
- Survey your strategic knowledge areas
- Define your program scope and vision
- Obtain stakeholder input and buy-in
- Select pilots that kick-start successful rollouts
- Apply change management principles
- Build a sound KM framework
- Manage content and technology
- Assemble and lead effective KM teams
Designing a Successful KM Strategy will be launched at KM World, and Stephanie will be present in the morning of November 4th to host a workshop and book signing.
Read more here