Peer Assist is one of the most popular, simplest and most effective of the KM processes, the closest we have in KM to a Killer Application.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of Peer Assist.
- Research and network to determine if a possible solution to your challenge already exists. A peer assist is expensive - try other routes first.
- Plan the Peer Assist once you are clear on the questions to be addressed, but early enough to incorporate the feedback. You must have an open mind for a peer assist to add value.
- Be very clear about the objectives. Fuzzy objectives is a common form of failure fort peer assists.
- Don’t invite only the “usual suspects”! Look for diversity and relevant experience
- Appoint a facilitator. Although a peer assist is simple, a facilitator can add massive value.
- Include time for socialising to build relationships and promote knowledge sharing.
- Set the atmosphere to ensure frank and open exchange.