If technology were the only barrier to KM, we would hear staff saying the following
- "I really want to learn from others in the organisation, but I have no technology to help me"
- "I really want to share my knowledge - if only I had the technology!"
- "I wish I could pass my lessons on to other projects, but I don't have any technology for doing this"
- "I have taken the time to document my knowledge, but don't have any technology to share it with"
- "Sharing knowledge? Why would I want to do that?"
- "I would love to learn from others but I don't have time"
- "I'm an engineer; managing knowledge isn't part of my job"
- "What's knowledge management?"