An excellent publication from the Conference Board, entitled Beyond Knowledge Management: New Ways to Work and Learn, claims the following figures for Value delivered (or enabled) through Knowledge Management
- The Dow Chemical Company saved $40 million a year in the re-use of patents.
- Ford Motor Company saved more than $600 million in the past three years.
- Hewlett-Packard reduced its cost per call by 50 percent.
- Rank Xerox reduced its dispatches by 15 percent.
- Roche sends out its products for FDA approval six months faster.
- Sequent registered 10 percent higher sales for new sales reps after six months.