The technical experts in many knowledge management organisations tend to have a three-fold role
- Acting as a source of expert opinion for the identification and development of technical practices and procedures.
- Maintaining guidelines and best practices, and validating federal lessons
- Building effective learning communities
- Use of their own tacit knowledge
- Ownership or stewardship of the explicit knowledge in their subject matter area
- Creation of the network that stewards the tacit knowledge in their subject matter area