At the Henley forum last week, we were invited to "write a letter to ourselves in 2002", as an encouragement or as guidance to our past KM selves.
I was feeling rather frustrated that day, having been involved in many recent discussions which seemed to be rehashing old ground. Had I written such a letter that day, it my have read something like this;
"Dear 2002 Nick
You know those discussions you are having? Those ones that go
- What is Knowledge Management?
- Is it the same as Infomation Management?
- Is it the same as Content Management?
- Is it intrisically linked to technology?
- Is it "all about people", and if so, what does that mean?
- Does "Knowledge Management" mean "Managing Knowledge"?
- Can you manage knowledge?
- Does KM add value?
- Can the value from KM be measured?
- How do you best implement KM?
Keep plugging away, and keep the faith